Please disable your adblocker on this website!
The website costs are covered by using ads that are non-intrusive. Please whitelist this domain in your adblocker software or plugin. Thank you.

Schakel alstublieft de adblocker uit!
De kosten van het hosten van de website worden betaald met advertentie-inkomsten. Voeg alstublieft een uitzondering toe voor dit domein in de software of plugin.

Honda Camino tuning project.

Talk in english about Honda Camino PA50 Hobbit mopeds

Moderator: -Camino Crew-

henrik
-= Newbie =-
-= Newbie =-

Honda Camino tuning project.

Post by henrik »

hey, now i have finally got my camino :)

the setup i was thinking about is:
Athena 47,6 mm cylinder kit.
malossi kaburator kit http://www.mopshop.de/shop/product_info ... d4d1d35ce8
double membrane carbon

would this work out good? and what should i do with the cylinder head? the std.?
hope you understand my english and you will help me.

does any one have a picture of a double membrane? because i have one but i don't know if it's the right one.
jve
-= Advanced Member =-
-= Advanced Member =-

Re: Honda Camino tuning project.

Post by jve »

as for the cylinder head i would use a 47.6mm head for a piaggio zip there cheap & easy to find
killingsnake
-= Camino Addict =-
-= Camino Addict =-

Post by killingsnake »

The double membrane is standard. No others where made, you if you want you could adjust others to fit. Standard it has steel reeds, but carbon is safer.

You could leave the head standard, because otherwise you cannot use the decompression handle. It will help start your camino allot.. Or if you can find another way to start it, a pullstarter like a lawnmower, a kickstarter or even an electric starter, its al possible.. But if you leave it and use another cylinder head you'll have a big chance that you won't be able to start it the normal way due the fact that you get allot of compression..
Trasforma il meglio in 'massimo'
henrik
-= Newbie =-
-= Newbie =-

Post by henrik »

if i use the zip 47,6 mm head will it be hard to start then? would it drive best with the zip head or the std. head?

i think that camino were sold with single membrane in denmark?
i have this double membrane http://www.camino-tuning.be/phpBB3/gall ... ge_id=2995 if i buy this carbon http://www.scooter-dele.dk/piz.asp?id=2 ... 6&mId=1954 how do i mount it?

is the malossi kaburator kit good? good/bad experience ?
can the standard crank withstand the power?

hope you understand? :)

Henrik
Twister
-= Camino Freak =-
-= Camino Freak =-

Post by Twister »

henrik wrote:if i use the zip 47,6 mm head will it be hard to start then? would it drive best with the zip head or the std. head?

i think that camino were sold with single membrane in denmark?
i have this double membrane http://www.camino-tuning.be/phpBB3/gall ... ge_id=2995 if i buy this carbon http://www.scooter-dele.dk/piz.asp?id=2 ... 6&mId=1954 how do i mount it?

is the malossi kaburator kit good? good/bad experience ?
can the standard crank withstand the power?

hope you understand? :)

Henrik
I think you've made a good choice (a 21mm carburator and Athena 70cc will work just fine :twisted: )

I think using a piaggio 47,6 mm cylinderhead will word better than an original one (but I'll find that out myself within the next months :wink: )

And the carbon membrane: you have to (gently) cut it yourself to the right size. Just take an original (metal) membrane. Place it on the carbon mambraneplate and draw the exact size. Then gently cut it with sharp scissors and carefully drill two holes in it for mounting.

By the way, I would advise you to use a carbon membrane of 0,25mm thicknes (I think 0,38mm as shown in your link, is to thick).

Good luck!
Projecten tot heden:
Retro-Camino;
Zwart-witte (Fantasy) Funny (elektrische starter);
Samengesteld project;
PA50 Custom(chopper);
Custom Crosser;
Custom Racer;
en de Remake van Crosser, maar dan wat beter 8)
henrik
-= Newbie =-
-= Newbie =-

Post by henrik »

hey thank you.. :)
the problem is that i don'r have the original metal membrane..

will you make a topic when you have tried the zip head? :)

what about the crank is it good enough to the athena kit?
is it necessary to make the frame stronger?
killingsnake
-= Camino Addict =-
-= Camino Addict =-

Post by killingsnake »

You're english is very good, don't worry about it ;)

If you don't going to fit another mean to start your engine as written before, I advise that you just use the standard head. Its possible your piston will reach your cilinder head, so you have to place 2 bottem cilinder gaskets, i mean the "paper" gasket you place between your carter and cilinder.

The membrane on the foto looks like the standard to me. Don't you have the metal reeds anymore? Because you need to cut the carbon plate like the metal ones, make 2 small holes to fix the reed on the membrane.

The malossi kit is offcourse way better then the standard carb. The standard carb is, compared to most carbs on the market today way to unreliable. Normally a 17,5 mm carb would do, but then you would have to adjust the air box on the black rear of the camino. Because its so big (21mm is actually quite big for such a small cilinder) you will need to adjust the nozzles carefully. If you use the complete set (with extra red filter you get in the complete set) the nozzle delivered with it will come very close...

A standard crank is a standard crank, but if its in good shape it should be able to withstand the forces..
killingsnake
-= Camino Addict =-
-= Camino Addict =-

Post by killingsnake »

If you're going very low while turning etc its a good idea to strenghten the rear of the camino..

crappy translations: normal strenghtening : http://translate.google.com/translate?j ... l=nl&tl=en

Extreme : http://translate.google.com/translate?j ... l=nl&tl=en
Twister
-= Camino Freak =-
-= Camino Freak =-

Post by Twister »

killingsnake wrote: If you don't going to fit another mean to start your engine as written before, I advise that you just use the standard head. Its possible your piston will reach your cilinder head, so you have to place 2 bottem cilinder gaskets, i mean the "paper" gasket you place between your carter and cilinder.
But placing extra paper (bottom-)gaskets will change the timing of the cylinder, so I would suggest, that if you tend to use the original head, and the piston hits the cilinderhead, use extra aluminium top-gaskets (dia 47,6mm offcourse). The squish and the compression-ratio will change, but I guess this has less negative effect than changing the cylinder-timing.
killingsnake wrote:The malossi kit is offcourse way better then the standard carb. The standard carb is, compared to most carbs on the market today way to unreliable. Normally a 17,5 mm carb would do, but then you would have to adjust the air box on the black rear of the camino. Because its so big (21mm is actually quite big for such a small cilinder) you will need to adjust the nozzles carefully. If you use the complete set (with extra red filter you get in the complete set) the nozzle delivered with it will come very close...
I think (reading the theory of Gordon Jennings) that for a 65cc (standard) cylinder a 17,5 mm carb will do, but for a 70cc Athena a 19 to 20mm will do. A 21mm will not give you much more power than a 20mm, but the 21mm comes with the carb. kit, so that one is cheaply :wink:

In case of using a HPI ignition or similar (instead of an original one) the 21 carb does give more power, because the RPM of the engine will be higher.

You don't have to strengthen the frame, but strengthening the (engine-)bridge (= the 'frame' on which you mount the engine) is a good idea (just like Killingsnake mentioned).

When I fix the Piaggio head, I will place it on this site. But don't wait for it, because it can take a little while :wink:
Projecten tot heden:
Retro-Camino;
Zwart-witte (Fantasy) Funny (elektrische starter);
Samengesteld project;
PA50 Custom(chopper);
Custom Crosser;
Custom Racer;
en de Remake van Crosser, maar dan wat beter 8)
killingsnake
-= Camino Addict =-
-= Camino Addict =-

Post by killingsnake »

Twister wrote:
killingsnake wrote: If you don't going to fit another mean to start your engine as written before, I advise that you just use the standard head. Its possible your piston will reach your cilinder head, so you have to place 2 bottem cilinder gaskets, i mean the "paper" gasket you place between your carter and cilinder.
But placing extra paper (bottom-)gaskets will change the timing of the cylinder, so I would suggest, that if you tend to use the original head, and the piston hits the cilinderhead, use extra aluminium top-gaskets (dia 47,6mm offcourse). The squish and the compression-ratio will change, but I guess this has less negative effect than changing the cylinder-timing.
On most cylinders the changed timings in this way is more positive, because most ports don't open completely when the crank is at its BDP, so raising the cilinder is on most occasions a good thing.
henrik
-= Newbie =-
-= Newbie =-

Post by henrik »

hej thanks for the answers :)

no i don't have the metal reeds to the membrane

then i will soon order the malossi 21mm kit
and i will strengthen the "engine bridge" like the guide :)

i think i keep the original starting method... does carter mean the engine block? so that i put an extra gasket between the cylinder and engine block and not between the cylinder and head?

is there guide or something about making another starting method? maybe a kickstarter?
killingsnake
-= Camino Addict =-
-= Camino Addict =-

Post by killingsnake »

There is a guide, made by twister, on how to make a "pullstarter". You can get a kickstarter from a Dayang moped, its a camino rippoff. Bad quality, but it had an electronic ignition and a kickstarter..
henrik
-= Newbie =-
-= Newbie =-

Post by henrik »

if i should make another starting method, which kind would you recommend? if it not shall be to exspensive and diificult to make?
killingsnake
-= Camino Addict =-
-= Camino Addict =-

Post by killingsnake »

The kickstarter is plug and play. The pullstarter en the electric starter (i made one myself) is allot of work, especially the electric starter..
henrik
-= Newbie =-
-= Newbie =-

Post by henrik »

thank you.. is there a link were i can buy the kickstarter? i have looked at it but cant find it..